- Guidelines for reduction of underwater noise from commercial shipping
- New IMO Circular on underwater noise
Guidelines for the reduction of underwater noise from commercial shipping to address adverse impacts on marine life now available.
- Date set for IMO Wreck-removal convention’s entry into force
The Nairobi International Convention on the Removal of Wrecks will enter into force on 14 April 2015
- Positive developments in Eurozone and Chinese economy benefit shipping
The recovery of the Eurozone continues, as job creation returns across the region. The hiring of more staff indicates that manufacturing and service industries ...
- Join Young Professionals in Shipping Network PRC on 7 May 2014 in Shanghai
BIMCO is pleased to announce that it has become one of the sponsors for Young Professionals in Shipping Network (YPSN) next event in Shanghai on 7 May 2014.
- USD 330,000 collected!
On 11 March, at the request of one of our owner members, we approached a charterer who had failed to pay balance freight in the amount of USD 330,000 and urged ...
- Feature: Slot machines of the sea: jackpots and crackpots
In the casino where ship owners are often said to be found throwing away their money are the slot machines otherwise known as containerships.
- Watchkeeper: Learning from tragedy
The hearts of everyone must go out to the poor relatives grieving for their loved ones, as hope fades around the wreck of the South Korean ferry Sewol.
- Smart Operations event Hamburg - free to all BIMCO Members
The 2014 Smart Operations event to be held in Hamburg on 30 April 2014 is free to all BIMCO Members. A BIMCO representative will chair the event as well as give...
- Crew Information
Members should take note of the following crew information for UK and Egypt.