- BIMCO Office closed for Easter Holidays
The BIMCO Office will be closed for the Easter Holidays from Thursday 2 April until Monday 6 April, both days inclusive.
- BWM sampling, analysis and report - for BIMCO members calling European ports
The SGS (Société Générale de Surveillance) associate members of BIMCO is currently gathering data via sampling of treated ballast water from ship calling ports within Europe!
- IMO SSE 2 - Summary Report
BIMCO attended the 2nd session of the IMO Subcommittee on Ship System and Equipment (SSE 2), which was held from 23 March 2015 and ends today (27 march). This is a summary report of the main issues arising from the meeting.
- BIMCO to share on contracts and clauses at free events in Hong Kong and Shanghai
Meet BIMCO at two special events in Hong Kong and Shanghai this April and take advantage of expert insight on an integrated approach to using, understanding and managing shipping contracts and clauses.
- Nigeria closes land and sea borders until midnight March 28 2015
Latest security alert from BIMCO.
- Security Advisory - Somali Piracy
It has been reported by a very reliable source that an Iranian Fishing Vessel originally thought to have been detained by police for illegal fishing has been pirated off the coast of Somalia...
- Security Advisory Yemen
The recent escalation and attacks on the legitimate Aden Government confirm that it is under extreme pressure from rebel Houthis having been forced out of Senaa.
- Wreck removal Convention enters into force on 14 April
The Nairobi International Convention on the Removal of Wrecks (WRC) will enter into force on 14 April 2015. The WRC was adopted at an international conference held in Kenya in 2007 and provides a set of uniform international rules aimed at ensuring the prompt and effective removal of wrecks located beyond a country’s territorial sea.
- Watchkeeper: The internationalists
We operate in a global industry and one of the proud boasts of the shipping industry is our capacity to work worldwide; freedom to cross-trade being seen as in everyone’s benefit...
- US Coast Guard issues updated Port Security Advisory for Yemen
Today the United States Coast Guard (USCG) issued Port Security Advisory (PSA) 1-15 concerning the modification of conditions of entry on ships arriving from ports not maintaining effective anti-terrorism measures.