- Strong tanker market extends peak season high earnings
In the first quarter of 2015, tanker earnings for crude oil tankers have climbed to new strong levels, with averages not seen since 2008.
- BIMCO welcomes EU decision - but warns that rescuing migrants at sea remains a health, safety and security risk for seafarers
BIMCO has stated today that it appreciates the new efforts by EU leaders to reduce increasing reliance on merchant shipping to rescue the growing numbers of distressed migrants in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Neat solution for Novation Agreements
Two complete drafts of standard novation agreements, one for the substitution of time charterers and one for the transfer of ownership, are now ready to be presented to the Documentary Committee for a first review on 3 June.
- Canadian requirements for Carrier Codes
Further to the news article of 4th March 2015, the Shipping Federation of Canada has drawn attention to updated Customs Notice 15-011 issued by the Canada Border Services Agency on 9th April.
- 1992 IOPC Fund meets this week
The Assembly and Executive Committee of the 1992 International Oil Pollution Compensation (IOPC) Fund is meeting this week in London. The Assembly will address a number of compensation matters, including ...
- Webinar on Asian Gypsy Moth Clause Wednesday 29 April
In this hour-long webinar, the invited panel will introduce and discuss BIMCO’s recently published clause addressing contractual and commercial issues faced by shipowners and charterers when dealing with the Asian Gypsy Moth.
- Maritime Anti-Corruption Network
As part of BIMCO’s support to endeavours to fight corruption, we would like to bring members’ attention to the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN)...
- 2015 Crew Communication - Survey
Owners are kindly encouraged to promote the Futurenautics Research 2015 Crew Communication Survey among their relevant crew, employees and staff. The full dataset and analysis will be published in a report that will be available free for digital download.
- Outcome of the 102nd session of the IMO Legal Committee
Members were informed earlier this week about the 102nd session of the IMO’s Legal Committee, which took place on 14 to 16 April at the IMO Headquarters in London. The following is a brief report of the main discussions at the meeting.
- Cargo Alert - Port Yuzhny, Ukraine - Update on access to cargo surveyors
Further to the BIMCO's news piece on complications and problems experienced at the port of Yuzhny with regard to providing access to P&I Clubs' surveyors for ships loading solid bulk cargoes there, an update on the situation has been received...