- Meet BIMCO’s Market Analyst at the Intercem Shipping Forum 2016 in Lisbon - Member discount available!
Chief Shipping Analyst at BIMCO, Peter Sand, will be speaking at the INTERCEM Shipping Forum 2016 in Lisbon, Portugal on 25-26 January 2016. This will be the 5th shipping forum dedicated to the global cement and shipping community and this will be BIMCO's fourth appearance.
- Tanker Shipping: More optimism in sight for tankers in the winter season
2015 has been the year of the tanker. The fundamental improvements with slow supply-side growth for some years coupled with low oil prices from mid-2014 created strength on both sides.
- Dry Bulk Shipping: Markets are slowly improving from a very low level as the demand side falters
The shipping market and underlying profitability can only improve if the fundamental conditions (supply and demand) also improve. Therefore transportation of larger volumes, longer sailing distances in general or a lower increase of dry-bulk fleet size is a prerequisite for better markets to arrive.
- Container Shipping: Low demand on high-volume trades weighs down as supply rises
2015 will see a new record inflow of newbuilt tonnage. BIMCO forecasts close to 1.6 million TEU will be delivered by the end of 2015. This marks the highest inflow of new capacity ever.
- Macro Economics: Demand supported by EU and US while China is creating uncertainty
All eyes are on China in recent months as most other non-Chinese economic indicators have been dwarfed by the government’s actions and markets’ reactions. It is all of the things that we don’t know about the Chinese economy that is worrying, not the fact that the economy is in a transition phase which inevitably will drive down GDP growth and change import and export patterns.
- Interview with Chief Shipping Analyst at BIMCO, Peter Sand by Gibraltar Shipping
Peter talks to Gibraltar Shipping providing more insight on his role and views on current shipping trends.
- Meet BIMCO’s Market Analyst at Digital Ship Rotterdam 2015 - FREE entry for ship owning/operating companies, 20% for other BIMCO members
BIMCO’s Chief Shipping Analyst, Peter Sand, will be speaking at Digital Ship Rotterdam taking place on 29 September 2015 in The Netherlands.
- Meet BIMCO'S Market Analyst at Danish Maritime Days 2015
Peter Sand, Chief Shipping Analyst at BIMCO, will be speaking at the upcoming Danish Shipping and Ship Management Conferences in Copenhagen, Denmark. The event is a part of, and takes place during the 2nd Danish Maritime Days.
- Is the lack of demand for containerships a manageable challenge?
The low demand on the high volume trade lanes is surely increasing the pressure on earnings which is already felt in the container shipping industry.
- Meet BIMCO's Market Analyst at Singapore Ship Finance Forum 2015
Peter Sand, Chief Shipping Analyst at BIMCO, will be speaking at the upcoming Marine Money Ship Finance Forum in Singapore.