- Feature: Slot machines of the sea: jackpots and crackpots
In the casino where ship owners are often said to be found throwing away their money are the slot machines otherwise known as containerships.
- Watchkeeper: Learning from tragedy
The hearts of everyone must go out to the poor relatives grieving for their loved ones, as hope fades around the wreck of the South Korean ferry Sewol.
- Smart Operations event Hamburg - free to all BIMCO Members
The 2014 Smart Operations event to be held in Hamburg on 30 April 2014 is free to all BIMCO Members. A BIMCO representative will chair the event as well as give...
- Crew Information
Members should take note of the following crew information for UK and Egypt.
- BIMCO Office closed for Easter Holidays
The BIMCO Office will be closed for the Easter Holidays from Thursday 17 April until Monday 21 April, both days inclusive.
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter
- Chinese GDP grows by 7.4% in Q1 from a year earlier
The Chinese economy continues to move forward at a healthy level of 7.4% in the first quarter of 2014. Seen in conjunction with the mini stimulus plan, which wa...
- Security Advisory - Use of GUARDCON off West Africa
When operating off West Africa, GUARDCON contracts must be......
- Feature: California dreaming ... of more US-flag tankers
California is a land of contrasts and paradoxes. If the GDPs of US states were compared to those of other countries, California would have the eighth largest ec...
- Watchkeeper: Parking problem
There is a well-known political strategy which is almost universal, and is invoked when difficult choices have to be made. This is to “park” the problem and und...