- BIMCO Marine Buzz - what have we been up to?
As part and parcel of the services which the BIMCO Marine Department continue to provide to members, here is a run-down of the activities which the department h...
- BIMCO assists a broker member to collect USD 30,600
In early August 2014, acting on behalf of a broker member of BIMCO, we approached an owner who had not paid incurred brokerage commission in the amount of USD 3...
- Meet BIMCO at ACI's "Global Trends & Trade Patterns" on the 28-29 April
Chief Shipping Analyst at BIMCO, Peter Sand, will deliver the keynote presentation at ACI's "Global Shipping Trends & Trade Patterns" in London, UK on the 28-29...
- Report from IMO Subcommittee on Ship Design and Construction (SDC 2)
BIMCO attended the 2nd session of the IMO Subcommittee on Ship Design and Construction (SDC 2), which was held from 16 - 20 February 2015.
- Watchkeeper: More thoughts on safe ports
Ships and their physical “envelopes” are getting bigger, in virtually every shipping sector and the question as to whether a port or terminal is capable of acco...
- Brazil - Ballast Water Management standard
Important information - the 2014 Standard for the Management of Ballast Water of Ships governed by the Directorate of Ports and Coasts (DPC) under the Brazilian...
- Risk and responsibility for fumigants is focus of new clause
Fumigation to eradicate pests from agricultural products carried as cargo is not a risk free procedure. The fumigant gases are highly poisonous and require expe...
- Non-availability of compliant fuel when calling an ECA port in Europe
A member recently informed BIMCO that their ship, being employed on time charter, had been granted what appeared to be an exemption from the regulations on sulp...
- Shipmanagement experts continue crafting supervision contract
Development work by shipmanagement experts on a new third party shipbuilding supervision contract continues apace.
- IMO Subcommittee on Ship Design and Construction (SDC 2) is coming to an e...
IMO Sub-Committee on Ship Design and Construction (SDC 2) meeting ends later today