- A new record year in dry bulk demolition under way?
The preliminary amount of dry bulk tonnage being demolished during the first half of 2015 is 20 million DWT. So could we be heading for a new demolition record level in 2015?
- Baltic Dry Index climbs to an all year high
The dry bulk market has been devastating so far in 2015. However, June has somehow reversed it all in less than three weeks if judged by the Baltic Dry Index (BDI).
- Dry Bulk Shipping: Lowest fleet growth in 10 years may not prove enough as demand quickly evaporates
The market conditions are devastating and volume growth in 2015 on key trades is negative. The lack of coal imports into China is taking centre stage, and lost volumes are difficult to make up elsewhere.
- Macro Economics: Shipping is faced with a positive, yet complex and changing macroeconomic landscape
The global macroeconomic scene has become more volatile, with prominent factors such as oil prices and global currencies causing a commotion.
- Tanker Shipping: Still strong market with continued positive prospects especially for crude
Earnings for both crude oil and oil product tankers continues to go from strength to strength. Overall, the lower crude oil prices are supporting refinery margins. This accelerates crude oil throughput and increases demand for transportation of feedstock to the refineries as well as transportation of the refined oil products thereafter.
- Container Shipping: Spot rates in a sink hole, while charter rates for smaller containerships soar
The demand situation is developing a tad slower than what the market had anticipated. After the expected dip around Chinese New Year (February), volumes have failed to pick up markedly.
- WMN Interview: Time for Carriers to Get Ahead of the Curve
The 2015 has started off as a pretty challenging year for the container shipping industry. With volatile spot rates coupled with oversupply and ordering of ever bigger ships, ship owners across the board seem to have a lot on their plates.
- Busiest Capesize Demolition Market Ever!
The activity on the demolition market is off to a good start in 2015 when looking at dry bulk tonnage.
- Meet BIMCO at Intercem's 30th Anniversary in London - Member Discount Available
Chief Shipping Analyst at BIMCO, Peter Sand, will be one of the speakers at the event, taking place in London, UK on 1-3 June 2015. This will be BIMCO's third appearance at the INTERCEM events.
- Strong tanker market extends peak season high earnings
In the first quarter of 2015, tanker earnings for crude oil tankers have climbed to new strong levels, with averages not seen since 2008.