BIMCO’s Owner membership is open for companies who own, manage (technically/commercially), operate or charter ships. Owner members have full access to all BIMCO services. We provide owner members with assistance and guidance on problems encountered in your daily work.
BIMCO’s work is centered around supporting its owner members. See more about BIMCO’s key role in shipping on the “About us” page. The owner members of BIMCO have access to all services and benefits in BIMCO. The benefits include among others:
Direct advice from our in-house experts on:
- contractual & commercial issues, such as charter parties or bills of lading
- environment, safety, security and navigation issues related to the operation of your ship
- company information - BIMCO can check out your potential business partner
- debt recovery – we help members recover several million USD of undisputed debt every year.
Comprehensive information – always available online:
- information on 1,800+ ports around the world including holidays
- updates on security warnings and war risk including piracy and drug smuggling
- latest shipping market analysis and reports
- access to the BIMCO members’ directory.
Substantial discounts on BIMCO products such as training, publications, shipping KPI system and SmartCon, our contract editing tool.
See full membership benefits for owners
The entrance fee for BIMCO owner membership is EUR 800.
The annual contribution fee for BIMCO owner members is based on the total deadweight tonnage owned, chartered, operated or managed.
Full membership contribution fee
Corporate membership, branch office contribution fee
|Number of offices, price per office