Check out our BIMCO Ice Information section which has been completely updated.
The BIMCO Ice information section has been completely revised. Now this section will include the following:
- Basic guidance in understanding ice navigation;
- Guidance to the Polar Code;
- Ice glossary;
- Updated winter guidelines for operating in Cook Inlet;
- Updated information on navigating the Baltic Sea in ice conditions;
- Additional guidance on Canadian ice navigation covering guidelines assessing ice operational risk;
- Russian Arctic Sea ice conditions and navigation including Russian Ice classification and the Northern Sea Route,ice breakers and pilotage; and
- Revised Far East section to include the Bohai and Yellow Seas.
See BIMCO Ice Information section.
BIMCO Winter Ice Reports
The Canadian ice season has started. Please click on the Canadian Ice reports for more information.
The Russian ice season has not started yet but a provisional forecast has been given. Click here for the forecast.
Except for the Swedish ice report, no other ice reports have have been received for the Baltic ice region.
New Ice publication
ICE Navigation and Seamanship Handbook, a joint-publication by Witherby Publishing and BIMCO is now out and available at 20% discount for BIMCO members. Click here for more information and place order.