BIMCO hereby invites all BIMCO members in Japan to join a free BIMCO Seminar in Tokyo on 26 February 2019 15:30–17:00 followed by a networking reception 17:00–18:30.
Why join: Great opportunity to get updated on key issues impacting shipping today such as challenges related to the IMO 2020 Sulphur Cap, the shipping market and how BIMCO can support your business. The seminar is followed by a networking reception. Finally, all participants will receive one of the new BIMCO publications.
Who should join: Persons working in international shipping in BIMCO member companies in Japan. Feel free to share this invitation with colleagues from BIMCO members. Registration for the event is required.
15:30-17:00 BIMCO Seminar
- Welcome by member of BIMCO Executive Committee and Board of Directors Mr Yutaka Higurashi, Corporate Officer, General Affairs Headquarters, NYK.
- Welcome by BIMCO President Mr Anastasios Papagiannopoulos, Principal, Common Progress.
- Update on the current work on contracts & clauses such as the new sulphur clauses, and future work that will be driven by autonomous ships and digitalisation/blockchain. How BIMCO can support members in their contractual issues and collection of debts by Deputy Secretary General Mr Søren Larsen.
- Update on BIMCO’s practical support of the shipping industry on cyber security, Shipping KPI system, GHG and IMO 2020 Sulphur Cap by Deputy Secretary General Lars Robert Pedersen.
- The ongoing impact of the trade war on dry bulk, tanker and container shipping by BIMCO Chief Shipping Analyst Mr Peter Sand.
- Wrap up by Secretary General & CEO Mr Angus Frew.
17:00-18:30 Networking reception
The seminar will be held in English. During the seminar, the main points will be summed up in Japanese.
Hope to see many from our BIMCO members in Japan.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.